Maury Nussbaum, Ph.D.
521 Whittemore Hall (MC0118)
1185 Perry St.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
- Ph.D. Industrial and Operations Engineering, April 1994, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- M.S.E. Bioengineering, May 1989, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- B.S.E. Mechanical Engineering, May 1988, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- B.S. Biomedical Sciences, May 1985, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
RESEARCH AND TEACHING INTERESTS:
- Theoretical and Applied Biomechanics
- Occupational ergonomics and injury prevention
- Balance, Posture Control, and Fall Prevention
- Work Physiology and Muscle Fatigue
- Ambulatory Assessment of Ergonomic Exposures
- Individual Differences in Work Capacity and Injury Risk
- Development of Ergonomic Design and Evaluation Guidelines
- Consumer Product Design and Evaluation
- Muslim, K., & Nussbaum, M. A. (2015). Musculoskeletal symptoms associated with posterior load carriage: An assessment of manual material handling workers in Indonesia.. Work, 51(2), 205-213.
- Christian, M., & Nussbaum, M. A. (2015). Responsiveness of selected biomarkers of tissue damage to external load and frequency during repetitive lumbar flexion/extension.. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 48, 1-9.
- Garman, C. R., Franck, C. T., Nussbaum, M. A., & Madigan, M. L. (2015). A bootstrapping method to assess the influence of age, obesity, gender, and gait speed on probability of tripping as a function of obstacle height. Journal of Biomechanics, 48(6), 1229-1232.
- Pau, M., Mandaresu, S., Leban, B., & Nussbaum, M. A. (2015). Short-term effects of backpack carriage on plantar pressure and gait in schoolchildren. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 25(2), 406-412.
- Rashedi, E. and Nussbaum, M.A. (2015). A review of occupationally-relevant models of localised muscle fatigue. International Journal of Human Factors Modelling and Simulation. 5(1), 61-80.
- Zhang, H., Nussbaum, M. A., & Agnew, M. J. (2015). A time–frequency approach to estimate critical time intervals in postural control. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering. 18(15), 1693-1703.
- Christian, M., & Nussbaum, M. A. (2015). An Exploratory Study of the Effects of Occupational Exposure to Physical Demands on Biomarkers of Cartilage and Muscle Damage. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene. 12(2), 138-144.
- Horton, L. M., Nussbaum, M. A., & Agnew, M. J. (2015). Rotation During Lifting Tasks: Effects of Rotation Frequency and Task Order on Localized Muscle Fatigue and Performance. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene. 12(2), 95-106.