Pavlos P. Vlachos, Ph.D.
ESM, Virginia Tech
Affiliate Faculty, WFIRM
114S Randolph Hall,
Blacksburg, VA 24061-0238
- Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering Mechanics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, August 2000.
- Master of Science in Engineering Mechanics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, December 1998.
- Diploma-BS: Mechanical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece, 1995.
- Cardiovascular fluid mechanics
- Arterial flows
- Left ventricular hemodynamics
- Vortex dynamics
- Multi-phase flows
- Measurement techniques and instrumentation
- Optical flow diagnostics
- Image and signal processing
- O. Pierrakos, P. P. Vlachos, and D. P. Telionis, "Vorticity and Turbulence Characteristics Inside a Transparent Flexible Left Ventricle via Digital Particle Image Velocimetry" Accepted to: Journal of Biomechanical Engineering
- S. K. Yazdani, P. P. Vlachos, J. L. Berry "Analysis Of Fluid-Stent Interaction Via Digital Particle Image Velocimetry" Accepted to: Journal of Biomechanical Engineering
- P. P. Vlachos and M. R. Hajj, "A Time-Resolved DPIV Study Of The Unsteady Character Of The Flow Over A Surface Mounted Prism" Journal Of Wind Engineering and Industrial Applications. (vol 90 pp 543-553)
- Zeiger, M.D., Telionis, D.P., Vlachos, P.P., "Unsteady Separated Flows Over 3-D Slender Bodies," Accepted to: Journal of Progress in Aerospace Sciences.
- C. Abiven, P. P. Vlachos, "Super spatio-temporal resolution, digital PIV system for multi-phase flows with phase differentiation and simultaneous shape and size quantification", Int. Mech. Eng. Congress, Nov. 17-22, 2002, New Orleans, LA
- C. Abiven, P. P. Vlachos and G. Papadopoulos, "Comparative study of established DPIV algorithms for planar velocity measurements", Int. Mech. Eng. Congress, Nov. 17-22, 2002, New Orleans, LA
- M. Brady, C. Abiven*, P. P. Vlachos, "Time-Resolved Spray-Droplet Velocity and Size Measurements via Single Camera Laser Sheet Imaging and Planar DPIV", Int. Mech. Eng. Congress, Nov. 17-22, 2002, New Orleans, LA
- P. P. Vlachos, M. D. Zeiger, and D. P. Telionis, "The Effect Of Free Surface On The Vortex Shedding From Inclined Circular Cylinders", FEDSM2000-11266, Boston, MA, 2000
- P. P. Vlachos, and D. P. Telionis, "Turbulence Characteristics In The Wake Of A Circular Cylinder Near The Free Surface", FEDSM2000-11320, Boston, MA, 2000
- P. P. Vlachos, and D. P. Telionis, "Three-Dimensional Streamwise Vortical Structures Of A Turbulent Wake Near The Free Surface." FEDSM2000-11262, Boston, MA, 2000.