Stefan M. Duma, Ph.D.
Harry C. Wyatt Professor and Head
VT-WFU School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences
313 ICTAS Building
Stanger Street (MC 0298)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
- B.S., University of Tennessee, Mechanical Engineering, 1995
- M.S., University of Cincinnati, Industrial Engineering, 1996
- Ph.D., University of Virginia, Mechanical Engineering, 2000
- Brolinson, P., Manoogian, S., McNeely, D., Goforth, M., Greenwald R., Duma, S., "Analysis of Linear Head Accelerations from Collegiate Football Impacts," Current Sports Medicine Reports 5:23-28, 2006.
- Duma, S., Moorcroft, D., Stitzel, J., "Restraint Effectiveness for the Pregnant Occupant," Research on Women's Transportation Issues, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol 54, pp 1203-1208, 2006.
- Manoogian, S., Stitzel, J., Duma, S., "Predicting Neck Injuries Due to Head Supported Mass," Aviat Space Environ Med 77:509-514, 2006.
- Duma, S.M., Crandall, J.R., Seki, K., Aoki, T., "Comparison of the Q3 and Hybrid III 3 Year Old Dummy Head and Neck Response During Side Air Bag Loading," Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 214, Part D, pp. 675-684, 2000.
- Duma, S.M., Crandall, J.R., "Eye Injuries from Air Bags with Seamless Module Covers," Journal of Trauma, Vol. 48, No. 4, pp. 786-789, 2000.
- Duma, S.M., Crandall, J.R., Hurwitz, S.R., Pilkey, W.D., "Small Female Upper Extremity Interaction with a Deploying Side Air Bag," Journal of Crash Prevention and Injury Control, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 45-61, 2000.
- Crandall, J.R., Duma, S.M., Bass, C.R., Pilkey, W.D., "Study of Thoracic Response and Trauma in Air Bag Deployment Tests with Out-of-Position Small Female Surrogates," Journal of Crash Prevention and Injury Control, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 101-112. 1999.
- Duma, S.M., Crandall, J.R., Pilkey, W.D., Seki, K., Aoki, T., "Dynamic Response of the Hybrid III 3 Year Old Dummy Head and Neck During Side Air Bag Loading," Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 213, Part D, pp. 471-480, 1999.