Lissett Ramirez Bickford, Ph.D.
Department of Biomedical and Mechanical Engineering
Stanger Street (MC 0298)
Blacksburg, VA 24061
- Ph.D., Rice University, Bioengineering, 2010
- M.S., University of Texas at Austin, Biomedical Engineering, 2001
- B.S., Texas A&M University, Mechanical Engineering, 1998
- Nanoparticle drug development
- Minimally invasive medical devices for cancer treatment
- Optical molecular imaging for early cancer detection
- Engineering Design
- Bickford LR, Carpin LB, Sun J, Lin AWH, Loo C, Hsu K, Yu T-K, Drezek RA. Optical Technologies for Noninvasive Functional and Molecular Imaging in Advanced Therapy of Breast Disease, 3rd ed., edited by Francisco Esteva, MD, Roman Skoracki, MD, and Gildy Babiera, MD, BC Decker Publishing. In press (2011).
- Kennedy LC, Bickford LR, Lewinski NA, Coughlin AJ, Hu Y, Day ES, West JL, Drezek RA. A New Era for Cancer Treatment: Gold Nanoparticle-Mediated Thermal Therapies. Small, 7(2):169-183 (2011).
- Bickford LR, Day ES, Hu Y, Sun J, Fu K, Chang J, Lewinski NA, Yu T-K, Drezek RA. Biomedical Applications of Multi-Functional Silica-Based Gold Nanoshells in Handbook of Materials for Nanomedicine, edited by Vladimir P. Torchilin, DSc, PhD, and Mansoor M. Amiji, RPh, PhD, Pan Stanford Publishing (2010).
- Bickford LR, Agollah G, Drezek R, Yu TK. Silica-gold nanoshells as potential intraoperative molecular probes for HER2-overexpression in ex vivo breast tissue using near-infrared reflectance confocal microscopy. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 120(3):547-555 (2010).
- Bickford L, Sun J, Fu K, Lewinski N, Nammalvar V, Chang J, Drezek RA. Enhanced Multi-Spectral Imaging of Live Breast Cancer Cells Using Immunotargeted Gold Nanoshells and Two-Photon Excitation Microscopy. Nanotechnology, 19:315102 (2008).
- Bickford LR, Chang J, Fu K, Sun J, Hu Y, Gobin AM, Yu T-K, Drezek RA. Evaluation of Immunotargeted Gold Nanoshells as Rapid Diagnostic Imaging Agents for HER2-Overexpressing Breast Cancer Cells: A Time-Based Analysis. NanoBiotechnology, 4(1-4):1-8 (2008).